Creating a FAQ page on one’s website has a lot to do with understanding customers’ needs. Depending on the type of business you’re running, this section of your website can help you get more leads and convert customers. When it comes to browsing the internet for answers, people’s attention span is getting shorter. Instead of searching the web for detailed answers, customers are now looking for simple ways to get information about products or services they’re interested in. One of the best (and simplest) ways to communicate with curious customers is to provide simple and detailed answers via FAQ pages. Besides providing information, these pages can have a lot more benefits for your business. Take a look at why is it important to have them on your website and how to convert curious customers by using FAQ pages.
The importance of having FAQ pages on your website
Whether you are selling a product or a service, your potential customers should be able to understand what they’ll get for their money. In order to provide the right information, a business owner can either hire sales operators or create a much more efficient solution. Offering short and concise answers to various questions is the main purpose of having a FAQ page, especially if you are selling a wide range of products.
When it comes to spending money on your product, customers might want various questions answered. It could be about different sizes or colors of a clothing piece, or it could be about shipping methods. No matter what they want to ask, your website should be able to convert customers by maintaining their attention. Therefore, here are some of the main reasons why FAQ pages are a good solution for your website:
- These pages provide short and simple answers. This makes it possible to offer answers about various topics your clients might be interested in.
- It saves you a lot of time for providing answers. Small businesses do it via social media comments or direct messages, but FAQ pages do this job way more efficiently.
- FAQ pages help you provide detailed answers. Instead of handling a live conversation with a client, you can prepare detailed answers that make you look more professional.
- FAQ pages help you boost SEO. By targeting long-tail keywords on your website, you improve your website’s rankings.
- Convert customers and make them look for more. By providing the right answers, you can attract more people to search deeper and find more products on your page.
Simple steps for creating FAQ pages
It’s not easy to provide the right answers about the products you are selling. Whether you’re running a small or a big business, there will always be curious customers who will want to get answers to their questions. On a daily basis, having FAQ pages is the simplest solution for this matter. On one hand, you have a wide range of answers you can provide for and convert customers to buy your product. On the other, having these pages won’t take as long as answering them via phone call.
There are different ways to create a concept for a FAQ page. You can rely on one-to-one chats with clients, require inquires via contact forms, or prepare short answers to simple questions. However, the best benefit of FAQ pages is the further engagement you can get from potential customers. The answers you provide will lead people to more on-site searches, which will boost their engagement and increase the chances for the purchase.
In order to create FAQ pages that will satisfy your customers’ curiosity, you will need to consider a few factors. First, you will have to focus on the most relevant information regarding your products. If you provide short and concise answers, you will increase the chances of a potential purchase. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Prepare relevant answers to potential questions. If you are building an on-site SEO strategy, the right answers could have more than one benefit. On one hand, your customers will find the answer to the exact keywords they are typing in, and on the other, Google will recognize the connection between their search and the answers you’re providing.
- Keep your customers’ attention. Whether it is the answers in video form, short tutorials, or a dropping menu, it’s smart to think of an appealing structure for your FAQ pages.
- Make content easy to read. The answers you provide should not only be short but also up to the point. The easier the answer is, the better the chances of your clients’ further engagement on the website.
How to convert customers through FAQ pages and get more leads?
There are plenty of reasons why potential customers decide not to purchase a product or service online. In order to keep their attention, you will have to understand what they’re looking for. One of the best ways to convert customers is to look for what they are curious about. For example, if you are selling products worldwide, you should consider providing necessary information about international shipping. Types of payments, shipping methods, and other information could help you convert customers who are looking to buy. Here are some examples of how to create FAQ pages that will help you keep customers on your website:
- Create appealing content. Online businesses have a lot of things to compete over. Creating an appealing FAQ page with video tutorials, graphic pictures, and similar features could be a great idea.
- Connect your website’s pages to social media profiles. Your customers might want to dig even deeper and find more products they could be interested in.
- Provide expanded answers to engage activity on your website. If one answer is leading to another, you will not only convert your customers but also encourage them to browse more through your website.
- Consider short chatbot answers. If you want to provide a simple customer care solution that is available at all times, consider adding chatbot answers.
Get to know what the clients want
FAQ pages could be one of the best features on a business’s website. By allowing potential customers to explore your website and learn more about products, you will have no trouble converting them and getting profit. One of the best ways to convert customers who are curious about your products is to create inquiries and contact forms. The more you know about what your clients are looking for, the easier it will be to create FAQ pages. Without a doubt, these pages are an efficient way to communicate with potential customers without being available in person at all times. Keep in mind that FAQ pages say a lot about your products, but also help you build brand identity and increase online purchases on your website.
Tomas is a digital marketing specialist and a freelance blogger.
His work is focusing on new web tech trends and digital voice distribution across different channels.
Editor at Find Digital Agency.