Letting your friends and family know about your real-time and live location can often be a life-saving feature. There might have been times when you probably would have wondered about sharing your live location, and of course, those times when you are lost on the road and trying your best to reach your ultimate destination- and this often happens during road trips! Thanks to Google Maps, it has rolled out the most perfect and crucial feature known as real-time location sharing.
Such a feature enables you to share your live location or a real-time location with your family, friends, and co-workers.
What if my profile privacy is getting shared along?
No! You need not worry about that! Because Google’s live location sharing has got its own extraordinary features and ultimate privacy protection just glued to it. You can have complete control over your privacy. However, to make it easier, we have mentioned everything you need to know about Google Map Live Location.
What is Google Map Live Location?
Well, most of us are already using this app and the feature on our devices, aren’t we? If you go by the name, it’s all about sharing your current location with the recipients. This feature is pretty much useful if you are going to meet someone (probably unknown), or even if you want to let your friends know where you stay (for a perfect house party), or when you are in a new city or country- which will help you to locate places and direction.
Yes, Google Maps has everything that an individual requires, which includes:
- Finding nearby restaurants
- Perfect party Lounges and Clubs
- Nearby Shops
- Internet Cafes
- Shopping Malls and parks
- Playgrounds and Fitness clubs
This is ultimately everything from the basics to the luxury, oh yes, and that’s why it’s called Google! So, how does Google Live Location work?
How does Google Map Live Location work?
Well, you already know what is Google Map Live Location, right? These maps help you find your way or even help you find your recently bought car, or if you can’t read maps (like me), you can ask other people to find you by sharing the live location. The live location feature helps you know the person’s real-time whereabouts, even if they are moving. So, it’s easy to keep tabs on the person when they are traveling.
Hold on, it doesn’t take any Einstein knowledge and skills to locate the concerned person. What’s the trick?
- Open the Google Maps App on your smartphone (either iOS or Android).
- Just click on the blue circular option, which will, later on, show you the option to “share your location.”
- You can also share a specific location with the recipient for a precise amount of time; for instance, it can be for 30 minutes, or 1 hour or the entire day.
- Once done, you can share the location link to any social media platform including, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and even relativelyGmail contacts.
- If you want to stop sharing your location, you can “turn off” the location sharing option and GPS from your notification bar.
Features of Real-Time Location Sharing
Share your location according to the time
Just like, we mentioned earlier, it’s quite easy to share your location according to the time. For instance, you are meeting someone (unknown), and if you want to let your friends and family know about it, you can share the live location with them. This will show the whole route that you took or which you would be taking up later on. With Google Maps, traveling is more comfortable. Sharing the time according to your needs, say, 1 hour- while you can also increase and decrease the live hours shared with the recipient. However, once the specific time is finished up, the recipient won’t track you any further.
Share on social media platforms
Since social media platforms are up and rising, you can achieve anything with social platforms’ help. Sharing your live location on social media is easy too. Whether you want to share the location to the recipient’s inbox or to their Facebook wall- it’s convenient. You can also share your live location with different people all at the same time. Isn’t that amazing?
Can be used for different purposes
Using Google Maps can be helpful to know other details as well. Learning about nearby restaurants, clubs, lounges, and even party halls and shopping malls can be found through Google Maps. However, Google’s live map ensures knowing the sender’s details, whereabouts, and current location. You can now see the hotels, parks, and even fitness centers, with Google Maps and live location.
Convenient to use and works for every OS
Whether you are a senior adult or a young kid, Google Maps is easy to operate. You need not worry about using the GPS or the Google Map to share your live location during emergencies or safety concerns. However, the recipient needs not to have the Google Map application; just a link from you to their inbox can help them track you to your location. Also, Google Maps is such an application that can be installed and used on different digital devices that includes Android, iOS, and Windows too. This app is not only useful but also pretty much comes in handy for everyone precisely.
How to use real-time location sharing during different situations?
Google Maps real-time location feature is quite handy and convenient, and you can use them in various situations. So, you are driving somewhere, and you need to know the estimated arrival time? Or probably you need to block your location tracking from a particular person knowing? You have got everything under Google Map real-time feature. You can change the mechanism of the app according to your need.
- When you have a Google Account, you can just sign in to your Gmail account, look up to the app and share your location once you select the recipients.
- If you do not have a Google Account, you can directly open the Google Maps app, select the people, track time, and then share.
- If you want to share location using other apps, you can choose the app, and if it has an option to share your location, it will redirect you to Google Map.
- However, if you want to stop sharing your location, you just click on the Menu, remove the recipient’s name and then click on stop sharing. You’re done!
Did you know you can pinpoint your location, even in the dense regions?
How many times have you lost your internet on your adventures? Trekking? Hiking? And imagine if you are all alone- uff, that’s scary! As according to Google, GPS and internet both have their own limitations of locating the right area, when it comes to dense regions, marketplace and crowded areas. But, the tech giant has launched a program for Android and iOS that would pinpoint your exact location and even your walking directions by using street data and phone’s camera, isn’t that amazing?
Using Calibrate with a live view?
Well, it’s easy, you do not need to be a tech expert to calibrate your live location. So, how do you exactly do that?
- Click on the blue huge dot in the Google Maps application on your Android device and select the option<calibrate live view.
- Once done, it will redirect you to open the camera starting the live view using UI.
- Well, ensure that your camera is a bit advanced and does support with AR Core apps and software with location supports.
Since sharing the location is more leisurely, instead of typing the entire route and directions on WhatsApp, people have chosen to use real-time sharing mode. Well, Google has never disappointed its users, and Google Maps Live Location is one of the perfect Google Products that improve personal security and public services. People can now feel safe since they can always let their family and friends know about their whereabouts.
This post was originally published on Page Traffic.